Nina’s enthusiasm & creativity as a designer and her collaborative work ethic will strengthen your project and team.
Adobe After Effects
XHTML & CSS
Offset & Letterpress
Linoleum block cutting
Vector / Digital
- Design seasonal merchandise collections for Starbucks, Teavana, and the Shanghai Roastery.
- Meet accelerated deadlines while still delivering desired creative expression.
- Communicate availability and volunteer for projects outside of normal job duties, including numerous Starbucks Reserve labels and a collaborative mural creation for Facebook Live.
- Contributed to the opening of the Teavana concept store. Work included hundreds of signs, packaging labels, illustrations, and animations.
September 2015 - Present
- Production design and graphic design on the Starbucks Promo team.
- Assisted in quickly and accurately producing signage and advertisements for nationwide promotions.
Senior Designer (contract worker)
April 2015 - September 2015
November 2012 - Present
- Creative director of all visual aspects of our brand - from tradeshows to ads to email campaigns
- Direct merchandising programs for large clients
- Generate and direct photography, copy, and custom lettering for promotional material
- Maintain a website and online store with engaging and current content
- Connect with existing and prospective customers on social media platforms
- Effectively schedule catalogs and work with freelance illustrators, suppliers, and printers to stay on a timeline
- Research trends for future catalogs to develop seasonal identities
- Manage a junior designer and structure a collaborative work environment
- Produce on-trend and customizable illustrations for drinkware, and creative direct a team of freelance illustrators
- Proof all files for printing
September 2009 - November 2012
- Independently learned e-commerce platform to design online store
- Illustrated drinkware designs for customers and our catalog
- Collaborated with senior designer on building catalogs
- Built virtual mock-ups of merchandising programs to existing and prospective customers
- Prepared files for printing
- Trained graphic design interns
Western Washington University Admissions Office
September 2007 - May 2009
- Collaborated with admissions staff to develop logos and identities to be used on name tags, agendas, t-shirts, and other marketing materials for major student recruiting events
Education & Awards
School of Visual Concepts & Skillshare Letterpress, Hand Lettering, Calligraphy
Western Washington University
BA in Design with a concentration in New Media completed June 2009
Courses included Illustration, Typography, Design for the Internet, Interactive Design, Digital Video, Graphic Design, Digital Imaging, Design Production, and Publication Design
Minors Art History and French
Design Days Selected to present on the history & future of motion design at WWU Design Days Spring 2009
Department of Art Vita Brevis Scholarship Spring 2008
Academic Presidential Scholarship Fall 2005
Honor Roll Winter & Fall 2006, Spring & Fall 2007, Fall & Winter 2008, and Winter 2009